Thursday, January 8, 2009

Emily and Tyler 7/28/08




























A photographer's dream wedding. Sic location in Playa Del Carmen, MX, Stunning bride, amazing energy, fun, beautiful friends and family. What else could I have asked for?... perhaps to stay an extra day or two, but I am thankful for the time I had with them. I flew into Cancun on a friday afternoon, at customs, the line wasn't a line, it was an entire room full of people, shoulder to shoulder and up the stairs (where I was). see picture. There were 5 or 6 custom officials checking passports, so you do the math! Yeah I didn't leave for 4-5 hours, but, I made the best of it. sending out positive energy, enjoying the people around me, really soaking in that I'm in Cancun and this, and everything, is just perfect. And you know, just doing that, connecting with people, makes it one of the best parts of my trip. anyways, off to the hotel. All inclusive and beautiful resort at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya. The hooked me up to say the least with a mini suite...
Emily met me before sunrise....5am?... the next morning. quiet morning, so freakin beautiful, dark sky, stars, waves crashing. Then to watch the sun come up....come on! so we just relaxed took our time and shot for a couple hours, Emily was a natural, easy to shoot...then about an hour later, the wedding was on, 20-30 guests, on the beach, Emily comes walking out with her dad....what can I say, it was just...perfect. I'm not quite sure what I was doing wearing a black polo shirt, cause it got pretty hot, pretty fast, but none the less, everything went flawlessly. I went back to my room after, took an hour nap, spent some alone time in the ocean, and proceeded to meet everyone in the pool where we started our drinking.... We 'celebrated' all afternoon, shot some more pics at sunset and went to dinner. We ate and drank and everyone was merry. And if you were there, that's how I want to remember the night ending =).
See I don't really drink too much, wine here, a sam adams there does me quite well. so when I woke up at 6am the next morning after drinking tequilla and whatever all day, i really thought I might just die, and that was before I left for the airport at...let's say 7am. I climb into the taxi and...........out. I remember hearing other people get in, and someone saying hi, but that's it...misery. airport, stumbling to get my stuff, i've only felt that bad a few times, and i will never again! ANYWAYS, so I'm in line waiting to check my bags, propping my self against what I can and I turn around and asked the guy who rode in the cab with me to watch my bags so I could go pay 8,000 pecos or something for a gatorade. he kinda looked at me and.."..uh...i don't know"....lol. i mean we're in MX, I would have been a little weary too. but i explained that I was about to die and he was cool with it, and I'm telling you, after about 4 drinks of gatorade, I felt amazing. I think they make it a little different down there. So, I start talking to the guy and the girl he's with and, they're getting married in Cancun next summer and came down to check out hotels. "oh, well, i'm a photographer and .....etc" LOL, but they were totally cool, very laid back, wonderful energy...and we all sat down and went through my pics from Paris, and the ones I took the day before. They thought it was hilarious they could tell everyone they found their wedding photographer passed out in a taxi in Mexico.
You know those people who you just hit it off with immediately and there's no hesitation, real people, the kind you just feel comfortable with from the start. that's John and Steph, and I'm so glad I woke up with a hangover. I do not believe in mere coincidences, and know I created that with all the positive energy I was putting out the entire trip.

Long one aey. I cut out so much to spare all you poor ADD nintendo grown ups, myself included. I can't say enough how much I enjoyed E&Ts wedding, and the entire experience. The end.

A: slow shutter speed makes an ocean look like a lake
"is that your final answer?"
"final answer, yes, that's my final answer"
*dramatic music*

-commerical-

*dramatic music*
"time for dinner!"
"MOM!"
-tv turned off
"MOM!"
"Go to your room!"
"Dang it"
"What?"
"nothing..."
"............dang it..." -runs away-

No comments:

Post a Comment